Fazal Bahardeen – The Entrepreneur Inspiring Muslims to Travel
#10. Fazal Bahardeen: The Entrepreneur Inspiring Muslims to Travel
About The Episode
Interviewing Fazal was insightful. Many individuals may dream about quitting their jobs to pursue the life of an entrepreneur and quite often, this remains a dream for various reasons. Quitting a stable and comfortable job in exchange for an uncertain business idea is not always suited to everyone’s risk appetite. For Fazal, he left a high profile job and an established career, perhaps at his peak, to start all over again.
It was interesting to hear his motivations, derive lessons and hear the challenges he faced to become a successful entrepreneur. It was inspiring to hear the comparison between being an employee and being your own boss.
Fazal offers his advice for those who are in a similar situation and offers tips on making that transition.
We also discuss the Muslim travel industry, how it has developed over the years and the role Halaltrip and Crescent Rating plays in making travelling a pleasant experience for the Muslim traveller. We also talk about trending holiday destinations and which countries are aggressively working towards catering for the Muslim traveller. Spoiler Alert! There are some hidden gems!
You have a blank cheque to design a new hotel, what is your stand out attraction?
Some Questions Asked
– How did you transition from 19 years of working a corporate career to entrepreneurship
– What advice would you give someone who is thinking about starting their own business?
– Which countries are best at tailoring for the Muslim marketplace?
– What has been the biggest challenge for you in establishing your business?
– What travelling trends can we expect in 2018?
” If you’re convinced of your solution and you persevere, you will get there. Your intention should not be to create a billion dollar company. It should be purely about solving a problem“
In This Episode You Will Learn
– The journey of quitting your job to pursuing a passion to solve a genuine problem
– Trials and tribulations of entrepreneurship
– Finding your work/faith balance as a Muslim in a corporate world
– What is a Crescent Rating and what does it mean?
– Why is the Muslim travel marketplace growing rapidly and how services like Crescent Rating and HalalTrip are making it easier for Muslims
– Travel trends and popular destinations for 2018
Quick Fire Round
– Your personal top 3 cities for travel?
– What is your favourite book?
– Beach holidays or city breaks?
“One of the keys to success has been getting up in the morning and asking Allah, making a lot of dua. No matter how big the problem making dua has helped me get through this“
If you liked this episode, please give us a 5 star review on iTunes
If you want to get in touch, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to homepage